Monday 12 December 2011

Solicitor Brief Evaluation

 This was the first brief I’ve done for a live client, this was working with a new Solicitor company in London called Crabtree. The client was really easy to work with, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them because they essentially let me do what I wanted whilst having their own ideas for what they wanted. What also sweetened this brief was I was getting paid £250 to do a logo for them. I created 2 different proposals for them and sent them through, they picked one and after tweaking it here and there they settled on the logo they wanted.
What was also interesting about the brief was it was the first corporate design work I have done, and I enjoyed it. After a discussion in one of my tutorials I decided that I would turn this into a larger brief because there were ideas I wanted to do with the stationary that I hadn’t had the chance to do with the actual brief as they only wanted a logo. What made it easier to turn into a large brief was I already had the building blocks, I just needed to start with the logo from scratch and turn it into something. I still wanted it to have that corporate feel to it, however I wanted it to be something that I could put into my portfolio. The main aim for the brief was to create a range of stationary, focusing on the stock choices, editing the logo and using processes to enhance the stationary. Using skills I had learnt in the other briefs I transferred them over to this brief, so I could form a coherent brand.
As I said before this was all about creating something that was corporate still, and so I gave myself the restrictions of working with generic sizes for envelopes etc, this was more for my own skills so that I could work with something in this style and produce it well.
One idea that I had with this brief that I had had with others was using a seal, I think that this fitted within the brief perfectly because it would link to the style of the work, as well as adding a contemporary yet traditional value to the project. I also wanted to use the right stock for this, and I using the samples I received from GFSmith I could make an informed decision about the best paper stock to use.
Again this brief had to have a quick turn around, but due to the other briefs I knew how to do this, and as I had a clear set of deliverables for it I knew the direction I needed to head in.




Solicitor Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment