Monday 12 December 2011

Processing Evaluation


Processing
Seeing as this brief started out as a much smaller brief (2 day collab brief with Ailsa Marrs) and has turned into one of my more substantial briefs, I am happy with the turn around. Again this was all about doing event promotion, however it was different to others I had done as it incorporated making the whole event something different. I focused on creating signage, wall graphics and information graphics. As well as giving something the participant could take away. I wanted to cover a variety of different areas with this brief, and I think that it works because it differs from your standard branding brief.
I took on the original design work both Ailsa and I had done and then from that used it as a spring board to create a more co-he rent brand identity that would work across the range of different media that I wanted to deliver. Again with this brief I set out a variety of different deliverables in order to give myself a different range to work across.  I set out by creating a new logo that could be edited and tweaked to work across the different media, as well as working as an image in its own right. It was important to me to take inspiration from processing itself, and then the elements of work produced by it, hence why it has such a geometric feel to it without going over the top. I wanted to do this in order to sufficiently reflect my interpretation of the processing program as a whole. I also hoped this would associate with the people that used it and create a defined link between the users and the program itself, almost creating a bridge image between the two.
Again with this brief I had to work efficiently in order to produce the work, this was because I wanted to incorporate the processes I have used in previous briefs with this one such as screen printing and laser cut. I wanted to produce something tactile, but using a variety of media because it reflects the versatility of the program. This brief re-iterated to me that  I work better under smaller deadline, that way I can be as efficient as possible yet retain some quality within my work.






Processing Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment