Monday 10 October 2011

Mood Boards

After pulling together my research I have created some mood boards to help produce my logo ideas. By looking at the hotel and the styles of branding I'm interested in I have decided on a theme to base my brand around: TRADITIONAL HOTEL BROUGHT INTO THE MODERN AGE. I think the hotel at the moment has lost sight of its past and I am going to try and pull some of that back through the design. The hotel has an immense amount of history and tradition, as its 400 years old.

I was inspired to do this by looking at the brand 'Norton & Sons'. They have taken a traditional practice and brought it into the modern day, through the use of type, illustration and processes.

This is exactly what I intend to do. I am going to create a logo that represents elements of the past, but brought into the future through type choices. I intend to use old processes e.g. letterpress, etching, embossing and engraving. I want the customers to have a traditional experience, but brought into the modern time. 















No comments:

Post a Comment