Monday 17 October 2011

Poster - Mood board

Im really struggling with getting the concept together for the embossed poster. I know
what i want to create i just need to learn how to create it. I decided to pull together my 
research and create some mood boards so that I have a better idea of what i want to create.
This has helped me focus my ideas and focus my research into an appropriate type face to use. 



I know that i want to emboss the poster, so i decided to do a quick sketch of the general visual i want
to create and have a test run at embossing it, just so i know what im doing and how it's going to look. I 
also went and spoke to textiles, just about the logistics of embossing the poster. I will be cutting the text out with the laser cutter and then using their hand made paper to get a clean crisp image. They said it will be really easy so im not too worried about it now. 




Above are the image of the test run i want to do, it's nowhere near the final solution but
it works as a test piece. 










The embossing actually worked really well, i wet the paper and then used a blunted biro to push the paper into the contours of the lines. What i also realised by doing this was that you needed to do it on the reverse side, like mirrored image. 





No comments:

Post a Comment