Wednesday 19 October 2011

Poster

This poster is driven by the content, as its all about architecture that has inspired me to look at the architecture of lettering, more specifically fontographer. I have seen some really lovely design work on behance where people have document the processes they have gone through to create logos etc and this is essentially what i want to do, expect the final product will be the anatomy of the type. 

For the basis of development i have used Helvetica, this is purely because it is such an easy font to use and gives me a plain sheet to work with. For the final poster i will be using a sans serif, and a serif font to create a small range of posters. So it kind of caters to everyones needs. 







__________________________________________

I have then messed around with adding architectural lines, and 
arrows just to give a bit more of a structure to the type and make it 
stand out a bit more, and look more obvious. I prefer the filled in arrows
as they stand out. I have also added to colour and played around with reversing
the type out to see the best visual.









____________________________________________

After looking into fonotgrapher i then went on to create my own guide
and mark out all the letters using illustrator. I decided to do the whole body 
copy to see how this would look. 
I think i was right in thinking it looks a little messy and should be simplified down.










________________________________________________
Playing around in fonotgrapher and looking at using architectural lines
and contructs. 

One thing i did realise is that I'm not sure i need all the text, it may work better just
using 'typography' as the whole thing may end up looking jumbled. 




__________________________________________
I started out by looking at the contructs you get within illustrator,
such as the anchor points. Layouts, fitting to grid etc, just to see
how that can be used an manipulated.
This bought me on to look into fontographer to see more of
a professional look at editing type. i have never used the software
before, but it was good to start playing around with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment