Monday 14 November 2011

D&AD Publication

After creating some mock ups, and finding the fold that i wanted, I have now started to use the content to try out some different designs ideas and layouts for the publication.
I want it to be minimalist, having the info really speaking for itself. Seeing as I have already chosen the font for the posters and the image i want to create i am just transferring that across onto the publication. So this is more about how to create the minimalist style that i want.



With these layouts, i have tried to play around with the front cover and the history body copy. I want the font cover to be striking, so i decided by using the yellow background and creating a boarder around it I can give the front cover some visual definition and then go into more detail within it. 
I think my favourite is the design where the circles are split across the front and the back of the publication, splitting the visual and it working from one side to the other. The thing about this publication is that it can be read from front to back or back to front, so it won't matter that theres no defining front page.
//  I have also decided that i want to play around with the middle of the page as ugh as possible. This is because when you open the document to read it the body copy placed int he middle draws your attention immediately. So taking that into account i developed a layout that would pull the elements together in a cohesive way, giving the text and format a structure in the idle of the page and using the colour to create another element of hierarchy within the text.

// INITIAL IDEAS FOR PUBLICATION




With regards to the event information itself I have just taken the same structure of the poster and re-laid it out using the template for one of my initial poster ideas. This is fairly simple and i think it works because it clearly sets out the information and visually it highlights the key points. 
I then went on to create the information page about GBH themselves. I tried out using an image of one of the speakers and turing it into a half tone image, just to give it some texture. I don't think this has worked and instead I have used one of the images of the puma designs they have done, seeing as the talk mostly surrounds this topic. 





// DEVELOPMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment