Wednesday 2 November 2011

ISTD - IMPORTANT

I have spent some time going through 'the waitress' and analysing it to take out the best parts from it that i could incorporate into my design and structure for the editorial design.
By looking at the research i have done thus far it's helped me generate a theme across the editorial design that i want.
I have categories the way i want to break the editorial up using phrases and ideas from the text.




I have highlighted the key phrases and ideas from the text and then from there narrowed them down to add some restrictions to my editorial design. This brief is quite opened so i needed to create some restrictions in order to help my thought process and research process.


By going through the waitress in a systematic way i have managed to get two key points that are going to help most of all when reading my piece.
For example there is a statement within the text 'twenty one people' and because theres no restriction on the length of the book i have decided to use this as the restriction of pages within the publication. This doesn't dictate what is said on these pages but just a general structure and within that i have a lot of scope to play around.

Also within the text it has brought up colours and textures that i think are really useful, because the choice of colours etc will relate to the text and resonate though out the publication. I won't be using all of them but it does give me something to start from.



No comments:

Post a Comment