Thursday 3 November 2011

ISTD Mock ups

After sketching some ideas out on the layout/style of the ISTD publication that I want to produce, i decided to do some basic mock ups of them all. I know I want it to be a 21 page layout, so i needs to have a structure that can have that sort of shape. I have stuck to the general rectangular shape.. I like the interactivity of some of them but I'm really not that sure about the general designs of each. 


I think that the interaction level with this works, but it think they form
will restrict the layout possibilities and it could look really messy. 
I want it to have structure to it, and i think this is too playful and doesn't really deliver.



I like the functionality of this, and how you could pull it all out. The only
problem is its starting to look more like a fine art piece than an actual publication.



I like this, i think the whole having it standing up and folding down to reveal the contents
is a different way of viewing a book. It also links quite nicely to
the way in which you interact with iPads. 


Again, i like this design but i think its too similar to the context i was looking at
and I'm not sure it would work for a 21 page publication. It may just end up looking
like a childs book. However, i may bring this style into my design ideas in the
future. 


I like the style of this, and how you pull it apart but i think it can be worked on, maybe separate parts
be taken apart from each section and separated out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment