Wednesday 9 November 2011

LAYOUT TRIALS

After settling on the the amount of information and the type face choice I have decided to do a few mock ups and play around with a few styles that i could use for my book.

Now, i want it to be modern and simple the layout. I want the information to be clearly set out so that the viewer can get the information easily. I want the design to be elegant and sophisticated, whilst interesting to play around with. 


I did a variety of different style of layouts, i really like the designs that that have the type overlapping of the edges of the page, visually its striking and theres a lot of ways to play around with it. I also like the designs that are using the lines, it gives more definition to the page. I also like the more simple designs with the text smack in the middle, this is because hierarchy wise you can clearly see the text and the welcome text. 

____________

Taking on one of the styles i have done some mock up layouts using the lines. 
I do like this style. However i think it may have gone too far into the modern, and
i don't think it really embodies the hotel feel and looks a little 'bauhaus'.. which
isn't the style im going for. However i could use this in the future. 

____________

I then decided to try the text overlapping the edges. I think the first page works well, 
however as you go further through the publication it seems to become quite disjointed, 
and doesn't really look very striking. I do want some consistency throughout, so that it all pulls together. I will be using the style across my other designs, so i need to be happy with
the style and feel it can be transferred across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment