Monday 21 November 2011

Poster packaging

I have done some research into ideas for the packaging of my posters, I knew that i wanted it to be box shaped, and that it needed to fit all the different a2 posters that I have created.

It's really important to me that it is of high quality, and has the handmade finish that the other posters I have done have. I need to do this to also tie in the posters and packaging, so that they all work together as a set.

So, i came up with the idea of creating a hand crafter box that would hold the posters. Now, i wasn't sure about the best way to go about this, because i needed to fact run how long it would take to make a box.
I went down to Woodwork, and had a really good chat with Matt Parks, he told me that it would take put o an hour and a half to create the box. Once done, adding joining etc and varnishing, if i choose too, would add another hour and half so essentially half a day.
This is brilliant because i thought it would take FOREVER!

So this is the avenue i am going to go down in order to create my packaging. I have done the appropriate measurements so that the box will fit all the posters.





// Visual Mockup


No comments:

Post a Comment