Friday 18 November 2011

INTERIM SELF - EVALUATION


General evaluation of my progress, I am working through the briefs in a sporadic way. This hasn’t been a negative thing up until now, not because I haven’t covered the briefs, I am now just confusing myself with the direction of each brief. I need to go through each brief ad systematically evaluate my progress so far and where I need to be with them by next week.

After last weeks tutorial I managed to gain some direction for my briefs, mainly by dropping one of them – ‘the publication brief’ – this was a strategic drop due to the lack of potential in this brief compared to potential in others. Fred made this clear to me in my tutorial, and I agreed with him, my time would be better spent investigating the other briefs I have done and pushing them.


So getting back to this weeks crit, by this crit I wanted to have the 3 briefs I am investigating further in a better position.




As shown on the evaluation sheet I have made quite a lot of progress on two out of the three briefs, the weakest by far being the solicitor brief, and this is because I defiantly went down the wrong avenue of development. With regards to the D&AD brief and Processing, I have now established the appropriate identities for each brief, and as I am process driven. They are now at a stage to start making deliverables. My main worry with this is time, because I’m process driven everything I do has to be produced slowly. And as every brief has elements of being process heavy I need to work out the most strategic way of producing these briefs, quickly, efficiently and successfully – tall order??

So, the next stage is to go through each brief, outline what needs to be done when and how.




BRIEF 1 – POSTERS: All posters are designed, its just a case of getting them produced. 6 out of the 10 are done, it’s the remaining 4 that need to be finished. They need laser cutting, all my slots are booked, and stocks arrived on Wednesday (16th November), so I’m now in a position to get them printed and ready. After this they need packaging – and I am dedicating two days to get that sorted once all the posters are produced.

BRIEF 2 – POSTERS: Publication: As mentioned previously this has been dropped, due to the fact that there is not enough potential in. This brief compared to other briefs. But I want to consider this brief for my FMP. In replacement of this I am turning the Solicitor brief into my second major brief.

BRIEF 3 – POSTERS: Hotel: This brief is currently on hold due to the fact I want to get the other briefs done and out the way. Thus far I have the new identity of the brand, it’s a case of now spending time on the deliverables and getting those designs right.

BRIEF 4 – Competition ISTD: This is my ‘playful’ brief, it has a lot of scope to just play with and get produced, so I am going to do this along with the Hotel brief once the other 3 are delivered.

ADD BRIEF 5 – Solicitor: I still have a lot of development to do with this brief, it is not at the stage that I wanted it to be at by now. So this is something I really need to crack on with, I have the deliverables sorted and they are fairly simple so I need to get the designs nailed.

ADD BRIEF 6 – Processing: I am happy with the stage I’m at with this brief, the designs are done I just need to produce the deliverables. I need to highlight the deliverables again just to make sure I’m getting the most out of them.

ADD BRIEF 7 – D&AD: The design and identity for this brand is done, it’s now a case of producing work. There’s a bit more development I need to go, just different examples, but generally I am ready to produce the design work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment